This is the place to find what we believe to be the best Piedmont internet resources. If you find any sites that are better, please let us know.
Don't forget to bookmark this page so that you can easily visit these websites again!
- Piedmont a la Carte : our own culinary guide, presenting what we believe to be the best restaurants the area has to offer.
- Getting There : Flights, Trains and Car Rental.
- City of Turin : Turin's official site, not quite up to Milan's high standard, but with some useful airport information.
- Ski Resorts : a detailed guide to the ski resorts of Piedmont and the Aosta Valley, with current snow reports (except in the Summer!). Most of these resorts are easily reached on a day trip from the wine region south of the Po.
- Genoa Tourism Portal : another gateway to the region, with a useful transport link.
Piedmont Wine Guide : an excellent site (Italian only) with the following information:
Viticulture - wine production statistics
Wine History of Piedmont - including the main social and political events
Grapes - a guide to the various varieties
Regional Enotecas - addresses, opening times, and how to find them
Winery Outlets (Botteghe) - addresses, opening times, and how to find them
Wineries (Cantine Sociali) - addresses, opening times, and how to find them
- Michele Chiarlo : uncork the secrets of this successful Barbera d'Asti winemaker.
- DOC Wines of Piedmont : comprehensive facts and figures on 59 of Piedmont's best wines.
- Piedmont Wine Company : you've read about them, now it's time to try them - the Piedmont Wine Company brings you some of the finest wines from the region.
- Jewish History of Piedmont : find out why the region has a unique significance in Jewish life.
- Italian Culinary Institue for Foreigners : learn the art of traditional and contemporary Italian cooking from genuine masters. The school at Costigliole d'Asti is also ICEF's headquarters.
- The Palio of Asti takes place on the third Sunday of every September: not as well known internationally as the Palio of Siena, but the Asti Palio, which started in the year 1275, is even is more ancient than Siena's, which started in 1292. It's also equally spectacular, and just as popular locally.
- Golf courses of Piedmont: this site has them all, with a clickable map - but note that golf courses are missing from the very best wine areas. It's the ultimate Piedmont golf resource.
- Mortgage Calculator : if you need to borrow to buy, you might find this useful.
- Inheritance Tax : one day your children will thank you for following this link. Find out why Italy is now the best western country in which to buy real estate.
- Calling Italy : Telephone calls from Italy to the USA or UK, or from the USA or UK to Italy, for only 3.5p per minute - using your regular phone line!
- Tuscany, Umbria and Le Marche - tempted by that bargain property? Did your local real estate agent mention this?
Text & design © 1997-2012 Piedmont Properties